2.2.1- Create the First floor Outline
For the outline of the first floor plan, for project house21-190, you will draw a polyline in the shape and dimensions as shown in Fig.184.108.40.206, and under the name 'First floor Outline'.
Open the drawing file you created in the earlier lesson 2.2.1 - groundFloor - Create the Outline, with the name h21190_groundFloor_outline.dwg, and you have saved it in path C:/ACA/myProjects/house21-190/h21190_groundFloor_outline.dwg.
You will use this drawing as the base to draw the first floor outline as shown in Fig.220.127.116.11.
If you wish, you can download this file of the h21190_groundFloor_outline.zip drawing by clicking here: downloads dwg,
on the page where you will be directed, on category Custom Drawings/ground floor locate the file h21190_groundFloor_outline.zip, click on the file name to download it, then unzip and save it under the name h21190_firstFloor_outline.dwg, and open it with AutoCAD Architecture.
Now you will draw the new polyline (AA1ghA), that is the outline of the first floor plan, for your project house21-190, as shown in Fig.18.104.22.168.
On the Application Status bar , make sure that ORTHOMODE is turned ON, display Drawing Grid is turned OFF (its color has to be grey), Snap mode is turned OFF(its color has to be grey), and the Dynamic Input is turned ON.
Now you have to create a new layer, with Name: A-FirstFloor-Outline, Color: 22, and to make it current. To do this:
- Click Home tab ►Layers panel ►click Layer Properties icon
- Right-click on the 'Layer Properties Manager' window that will open ►and from the drop-down menu that will appear select New Layer ►for the Name type A-FirstFloor-Outline , for Color select 22, and make it Current.
- Close the Layer Properties Manager dialog box.
You will start drawing the polyline (AA1ghA).
To do this you will first draw the Construct line (AA1):
- Draw the Construct line, that passes over the line (ab) (Fig.22.214.171.124).
Construction lines (also known as xlines) are temporary linework entities that can be used as references when creating and positioning other objects or linework. Construction lines are either circles or straight lines that extend to infinity in both directions. They do not change the total area of the drawing and have no effect on zooming or viewports.
In most cases, you can to draw construction lines based on segments of existing objects, but you can also draw them by specifying any two points in the drawing area, without regard to existing objects or linework.
To use Construction Lines tool:
- Click Home tab ► Draw panel ► Line drop-down icon (hover on ►) ► select Construction Line tool
Draw the Construction lines:
- Select (ab) as linework to create xline (ab), set as offset = 0.00, and press Enter.
- Offset (Fig.126.96.36.199) the Construct line (ab), define as distance 4.15, and select a point near the line (AA1) to set the side to be executed the offset command.
To draw the polyline (AA1ghA), as shown in Fig. 188.8.131.52:
- Click Home tab > Draw panel > click Line (hover on) and from the drop-down menu select Polyline.
- To Specify on the screen the Start point (A) of the polyline, select as next points (A1), (g), (h), after the drawing of point (h), right-click on the screen and select 'close from the drop-down menu that will open', to close polyline (AA1ghA).
The outline of the First floor plan is done, it is polyline (AA1ghA), and you will use it at the next lesson to create the exterior walls.
You will type the letters A, A1, at the corners of polyline, as shown in Fig.184.108.40.206. To do this:
- Make layer A-Notes as Current, to do this, on Ribbon > Layers panel > Layer tab and on the drop-down menu that will open select A-Notes.
- On Ribbon, click Annotate tab > on Text panel, make sure that text style Standard is current, and text height is 0.27.
- On Ribbon, Click Annotate tab > on Text panel > click the arrow on Multiline Text icon (hover on) , from the drop-down menu, select Single Line, and type the letters A, A1, at the corners of polyline, and type the word Terrace in the area (abA1Aa) and (cdefc), as shown in Fig.220.127.116.11..
Draw the Dimensions (aA), (Ah), (bA1), and (A1c) on the First floorOutline drawing, as shown in Fig.18.104.22.168.
- Set layer A-Dim as the current Layer.
- Draw the dimension (ah), to do this:
Click Annotate tab > Dimensions panel and make sure that current style is Standard > click on the Linear Dimension icon (hover on) .
- To Specify on the screen the first point (a)of dimension (aA), select corner (a) of the polyline.
- To Specify the second point (A) of dimension (aA), select corner (A) of the polyline.
- To Specify the Dimension location line, select with your mouse a point upward of line (aA) second point (A) of dimension (aA).
- The same way create the rest dimensions for First floor outline.
Customize Dimension Style
Once you have drawn the dimension, if you notice that its components like text, arrow etc. are very large or small. To fix it, you have to set as Current the dimension style 'Standard' that you use, and modify it if necessary..
To do this,
- Make dimension style Standard as the Current dimension style.
- Select a dimension, with style Standard that you want to edit, right-click on it and on the drop-down menu select 'Edit Dimension Style.
- The dialog box 'Dimension Style Manager' will open, select style Standard, and click tab Set Current.
- With style Standard selected, click on Modify tab to open the dialog box 'Override Current Style: Standard, select on the top tab 'Text' to open the corresponding dialog box, as shown in Fig.22.214.171.124. Here set the text height= 0.15, go back, select tab 'Symbols and Arrows' tab and set Arrow Size= 0.18, go back, select tab 'Primary Units' tab and set Precision= 0.000, go back, select tab 'Fit' tab and on category 'scale for dimension features', set Use overall scale of = 1.000.
- Click OK, and on Dimension Style Manager click Close.
From now on, the 'Standard' Dimension Style, on the drawing, has the new values you just inserted.
Create a leader
A leader object is a line with an arrowhead at one end and a multiline text object or block at the other.
The landing and leader line are associated with the multiline text object or block, so when the landing is relocated, the content and leader line move along with it.
To Create a leader:
- On Ribbon, set layer A-Notes as current, and on the Application Status bar set the ORTHOMODE to Off.
- Click Home tab ► Annotation panel ► select Multileader icon
- Command prompt says: MLEADER Specify arrowhead location or [Leader Landing first, Content first, Options] <Options> : Select a point on line (AA1), as shown in Fig.126.96.36.199,
- Command prompt says: MLEADER Specify leader landing : Select a point at the right of line (AA1), and type First floor Outline.
- Click somewhere on your screen to dismiss the command MLEADER, and turn-on the ORTHOMODE . The result is as shown in Fig.188.8.131.52.
Hatch fills an enclosed area or selected objects with a hatch pattern, solid fill, or gradient fill.
To draw hatch within the areas (abA1Aa) and (cdefc), as shown in Fig.184.108.40.206:
- On Ribbon, create a new layer, with Name: A-Pattern, Color: 41, and make it current.
- Click Home tab ►on panel Draw ► select Hatch icon , the Hatch Creation ribbon will appear (Fig.220.127.116.11)
- On panel Pattern, click on the arrow to open the drop-down window with the available patterns, and select the pattern NET.
- On panel Properties, for Angle type 45, and for scale set 0.1.
- At the prompt: HATCH pick internal point or [ ]: Pick a point within area (abA1Aa) and a point within area(cdefc), and then press Enter.
- The result is as shown in Fig.18.104.22.168.
Save your drawing within folder 'house21-190', with the name: h21190_firstFloor_outline. It's full path will be: C://ACA/MyProjects/house21-190/h21190_firstFloor_outline.
At the next lesson, you will start designing, the exterior walls of the basement, according to the layout and dimensions of the polyline 'First floor outline' as shown in Fig 22.214.171.124.
During the drawing of the Basement Outline, you gave to point (a) coordinates (20,20) ( X=20, Y=20), and keep in mind that you will use these coordinate values for the same point in all floor plans and site plan you are going to design.
Within the folder house21-190/customDwg you created before, add a new folder named downloads, to have assembled the files of drawings that you will download from the location of the site: downloads, and use these drawings, if you need these, during the design of the project.
The full path of the folder will be: C:\ACA\myPprojects\house21-190\customDwg\downloads.