2.0.1 - Drawing Setup
First you will start AutoCAD Architecture, you will open a new drawing and setup it.
To do this:
- Launch AutoCAD Architecture 2018 from the icon on your desktop or
- Click Start > type AutoCAD Architecture > click on the AutoCAD Architecture 2018 icon on the taskbar.
The Starting page of AutoCAD Architecture will appear (Fig.126.96.36.199).
Fig.188.8.131.52 - The AutoCAD Architecture Starting Page
- Click on "Start Drawing" icon, and the default workspace AutoCAD Architecture (ACA) will appear as shown in Fig.184.108.40.206.
Fig.220.127.116.11 - The AutoCAD Architecture default Workspace (architecture)
The default workspace of ACA (with the name 'architecture', as shown on the Quick Access tool bar), consists of a drawing window, ribbons, tool palettes, and other controls that you use to create your design, set up your architectural project, and generate construction documents.
The Application Menu contains commands that are relevant for the drawing as a whole.
- To access the application menu, click the button at the upper-left corner of the workspace (Fig.18.104.22.168).
- To start a new drawing, on the Application Menu which will open, select > New > Drawing (Fig.22.214.171.124.)
Fig.126.96.36.199 - Create New Drawing
- On the Select Template window that will open, select Aec Model (Metric Stb) and click Open (Fig.188.8.131.52).
Fig.184.108.40.206 - New Drawing - Select Template
- On the Application Menu click Drawing Utilities > Drawing Setup (Fig.220.127.116.11.)
Fig.18.104.22.168 - Application Menu - Drawing Setup
- At the Drawing Setup window that will open, select the tab Units and verify that the Units are set to meters (Fig.22.214.171.124).
- Choose the Scale tab, change the scale to 1:50, verify that the Annotation plot size = 3.5, and check the Automatically Create Dimscale Override (Fig.126.96.36.199).
Fig.188.8.131.52 - Drawin Setup - Units - Meters
Fig.184.108.40.206 - Drawing Setup - Scale
- Choose the Layering tab, and verify that the Layer Standards/Key File to Auto-Import is AecLayerStb.dwg and that the Layer Key Style is AEC Title Case NCS 256 Color *current drawing (Fig.220.127.116.11).
- Select the Display tab and from the Display Configuration flyout choose Hight Detail (Fig.18.104.22.168).
- Click OK to close the Drawing Setup dialog box.
Fig.22.214.171.124 - Drawing Setup - Layering
Fig.126.96.36.199 - Drawing Setup - Display
Before doing anything else, go to Drawing status bar, click on the 'Display drawing grid' icon (Fig.188.8.131.52), and turn it OFF (it has to be grey color, when the color is blue it is ON), then click on the Annotation scale icon and change the scale to 1:50 (Fig.184.108.40.206).
Fig.220.127.116.11 - Drawing Status bar - setup Grid -Annotation Scale
Before you save your drawing setup, create in the drive C of your computer a folder called ACA, within this create another subfolder named 'myProjects', where you will store the files of all projects you will design with ACA (AutoCAD Architecture).
Inside the folder myProjects, create the subfolder house21-190 which will be the folder of the project you are designing now. Inside this subfolder you will create a sub folder named customDwg (Fig.18.104.22.168), where you will save the drawings that you are creating in this step.
- The path of this folder will be:
For the Construct Drawings and View Drawings that you will design in subsequent chapters, ACA will create automatically the coresponding folders.
Save your drawing in the folder house21-190 with the name h21190_starting. The full path of the file will be: C:\ACA\myProjects\house21-190/customDwg/h21190_starting.dwg.
At the next chapter 2.1 Create the Basement plan you are going to start designing the basement plan of your project House21-199.